Queen Elizabeth National Park is known as "the Pearl of Uganda". This park has a high number of wildlife that several visitors desire to see. This park is renowned for "the Big 5 animals" that include hippos, elephants, plus buffaloes among others. The park which covers 2500 sq km is found on the eastern shore of Lake Edward in the Rift Valley. The northern part of the park is particularly amazing with lion prides as well as several elephants plus buffaloes- the most dangerous animals in Africa.
There are breathtaking views of the peaks of Mountain Rwenzori in these plains which are scattered with huge candelabra euphoria trees. Within the northeast part of the park is the Kyambura Gorge, home to lions, leopards, African finfoot plus the black bee eaters. Within the Kikorondo area, the plains give way to the impressive cones of died out volcanoes, and a number of these are filled with gorgeous crater lakes. Enjoy a boat ride along the Kazinga channel a natural water channel that links Lake Edward and Lake George. The shallows of this channel are filled with thousands of hippopotami, several buffaloes, elephants as well as multitudes of birds that feed on fish. The southern Ishasha area of this park found in the shadow of the magnificent Virunga Mountains of Democratic Republic of Congo, has large grasslands which extend far and inhabited by topi, kobs plus cape buffaloes. In the huge fig trees you may see some of these uncommon tree climbing lions.
Day 1: Queen Elizabeth Wildlife tour
Following breakfast, drive to Queen Elizabeth National Park where you will have a game drive see various mammals like Hippos, primates, Buffaloes, huge forest hogs, Leopard, Lions and Spotted Hyena among others. bird watchers will see several out of the 610 species of bird recorded in the park that make QENP a wonderful birding sanctuary with several woodland species, Water birds as well as forest birds all residents here. Dine and slumber at Queen Elizabeth Bush Lodge - http://www.naturelodges.biz/the-bush-lodge
Day 2: Chimpanzee Trekking in Kyambura Gorge
You will spend this morning trekking chimpanzees in the Kyambura Gorge and then in the afternoon have a nature walk in the Maramagambo forest to see the bats caves home to pythons as well as the hunters' cave. explore the several beautiful crater lakes as well as visit the Katwe salt mines to observe how the salt is locally extracted here. Dine and slumber at Queen Elizabeth Bush Lodge - http://www.naturelodges.biz/the-bush-lodge
Day 3: Return Trip to Kampala
Following breakfast have a boat cruise on the Kazinga Channel. This Channel hosts a great number of mammals on its banks such as waterbucks, buffaloes, crocodiles as well as hippos, in addition to numerous water birds.
After lunch you will return to Kampala where you will arrive in the evening. dine and slumber at Hotel express Holiday (FB)
END OF THE SAFARI!
HAVE A WONDERFUL TOUR - SEE YOU ON THE ROAD….......
TOTAL COST PER PERSON FOR DAYS IS USD $ 1,285
- Accommodation as detailed in the itinerary
- AMREF (Travel insurance) Flying doctors services in East Africa. (In case of emergency)
- All meals noted in the itinerary. Each day generally includes Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner buffets consisting of both western and local dishes.
- Transportation in standard game viewing safari vehicle complete with pop-up roof for easy viewing and photography.
- Every passenger is guaranteed a window seat.
- Your driver/guide speaks English and has in-depth knowledge of the flora, fauna, landscape, and Kenyan culture safaris.
- A minivan outfitted with two-way, long range high frequency radio communications equipment.
- Chimpanzee Permit
- Each 4x4 Toyota Hiace minivan carries safari accessories including window sills, a first-aid kit, an ice-chest, and a fire extinguisher.
- Bottled mineral water during game drives.
- Park entrance fees and game drives as noted in the itinerary.
- All government taxes, levies, and fees
- Pick up and drop off transfers
- International airfares and departures taxes.
- Personal communications charges for telephone calls, faxes, email, etc.
- Tips and gratuities for your driver/guide.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. (Bottled mineral water is provided in the minivan while on game drives.)
- Laundry services.
- Between meal snacks, parks, attractions, and events not included in your itinerary
- Rain jackets, hand cloves
- Balloon safari in Maasai Mara (USD$475)per ride
- Personal needs
- Maasai village visit.(15_20usd$)
- Night game drive ($150 per person)