Day 1 - Arusha - Lake Manyara
Non game-viewing travel time: 2.30 hours
Distance: 130 km
Meet our professional tours guide/driver in Arusha town, who will deliver a short safari info briefing, after which, we travel to the Lake Manyara National Park. We arrive in time for lunch at the lodge. After lunch we head into the Lake Manyara National Park. This impressive park is one of Tanzania's most dramatically located wildlife areas, consisting of a massive but shallow soda lake (covering two-thirds of the park) at the foot of the Great Rift Valley's western escarpment. The park's varied habitat attracts a wide variety of animals, including one of Africa's largest concentrations of elephants, Manyara's famous tree-climbing lions, as well as large flocks of flamingos attracted by the algae in the lake.
Overnight at FANAKA LODGE - http://fanakasafaricamps.co.tz/
Day 2 - Lake Manyara National Park - Ngorongoro Crater
Non game-viewing travel time: 2 hours & 3.30 hours
Distance: 60km & 155 km
After breakfast we descend 600m into this magnificent crater for a morning, half-day game drive. The Ngorongoro Crater is one of the most densely crowded African wildlife areas in the world and is home to an estimated 30,000 animals including some of Tanzania's last remaining black rhino. Supported by a year round water supply and fodder, the Ngorongoro Crater supports a vast variety of animals, which include herds of wildebeest, zebra, buffalo, eland, warthog, hippo, and giant African elephants. Another big draw card to this picturesque national park is it's dense population of predators, which include lions, hyenas, jackals, cheetahs and the ever-elusive leopard, which sometimes requires a trained eye to spot. We will enjoy a picnic lunch in the crater, after which we travel to the Tarangire National Park.
Dinner and overnight at Panorama Tented Camp - http://www.safarihq.com/accommodation/panorama-campsite/
Day 3 - Tarangire National Park - Arusha
Non game-viewing travel time: 2 hours
Distance: 120 km
After breakfast do we head into the Tarangire National Park for a morning game drive. The park runs along the line of the Tarangire River and is mainly made up of low-lying hills on the Great Rift Valley floor. Its natural vegetation mainly consists of Acacia woodland and giant African Baobab trees, with huge swamp areas in the south. Both the river and the swamps act like a magnet for wild animals, during Tanzania's dry season. The Tarangire National Park is reputed to contain some of the largest elephant herds in Africa. This African national park is also home to three rare species of animals - the Greater Kudu, the Fringed-eared Oryx, as well as a few Ashy Starlings. We return to the lodge for lunch after which we will depart for Arusha town and we will end our African safari adventure. The group should tip the tour guide around $20 a day for all our safaris. You will be taken to your hotel, which ends our safari packages services.
Overnight at Meru Inn Hotel - http://meruhouseinn.com/
Day 4: Transfer to the Hotel and Safari briefing
Arrive at Zanzibar Airport then transfer to Zanzibar resort Inn in Stone Town, Safari briefing, Dinner and overnight at Dhow Inn - http://www.dhowinn.com/
Day 5: Stone Town Tour and Spice Tour
after breakfast, take the historical half-day (4-hour) Stone Town Tour or the exotic spice tour.
Late lunch at Zanzibar resort Inn. Dinner and overnight at Dhow Inn - http://www.dhowinn.com/
Day 6: Leisure Activities at Dhow Inn
After breakfast, transfer (45 min.) by shuttle bus to Blue Bay Beach Resort in East Coast for two days of leisure/activities. Lunch at Blue Bay Resort. Afternoon of leisure and activities; snorkeling, windsurfing, sailing, scuba diving, dhow trips, etc. Dinner and overnight at Dhow Inn - http://www.dhowinn.com/
Day 7: Full Day Leisure Activities at Dhow Inn
The main activities include snorkeling, windsurfing, sailing, scuba diving, dhow trips, etc. Dinner and overnight at Dhow Inn - http://www.dhowinn.com/
Day 8: Transfer to Airport,
After breakfast or lunch transfer (about 50 minutes) to airport for flight to Arusha, Dar es Salaam or international destination.
HAVE A WONDERFUL TOUR - SEE YOU ON THE ROAD….......
TOTAL COST PER PERSON IS British pound 1,800
- Accommodation as detailed in the itinerary
- AMREF (Travel insurance) Flying doctors services in East Africa. (In case of emergency)
- All meals noted in the itinerary. Each day generally includes Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner buffets consisting of both western and local dishes.
- Transportation in standard game viewing safari vehicle complete with pop-up roof for easy viewing and photography.
- Every passenger is guaranteed a window seat.
- Your driver/guide speaks English and has in-depth knowledge of the flora, fauna, landscape, and Kenyan culture safaris.
- A minivan outfitted with two-way, long range high frequency radio communications equipment.
- Each 4x4 Toyota Hiace minivan carries safari accessories including window sills, a first-aid kit, an ice-chest, and a fire extinguisher.
- Bottled mineral water during game drives.
- Park entrance fees and game drives as noted in the itinerary.
- All government taxes, levies, and fees
- Pick up and drop off transfers
- International airfares and departures taxes.
- Personal communications charges for telephone calls, faxes, email, etc.
- Tips and gratuities for your driver/guide.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. (Bottled mineral water is provided in the minivan while on game drives.)
- Laundry services.
- Between meal snacks, parks, attractions, and events not included in your itinerary
- Rain jackets, hand cloves
- Balloon safari in Maasai Mara (USD$475)per ride
- Personal needs
- Maasai village visit.(15_20usd$)
- Night game drive ($150 per person)